- Administrate payroll for the county’s 135 employees
- Inform commissioners of county’s financial status on a regular basis
- Invest monies not needed for day to day operations of the county
- Manage county checking account:
- Cash accounting for 39 different county funds
- Disburse and reconcile all county checks
- Reconcile all funds and entire checking account on monthly basis
- Receipt all money received by county (excluding property tax, which is receipted by the Collector)
100 N Main Street
Poplar Bluff, MO 63901
Treasurer’s Office FAQ’s
1. Can I pay my property or real estate taxes at the Treasurer's Office?
No, the Treasurer’s Office does not collect property or real estate taxes. You can pay your property or real estate taxes at the Collector’s Office.
2. Can I get my car tags at the Treasurer's Office?
No, the Treasurer’s Office does not administer car tags. That is the responsibility of the Missouri License Bureau, which is located behind Fazoli’s in Poplar Bluff at 2509 Three Rivers Boulevard. For more information, call 573-686-8890.
3. Can I get a property tax receipt or waiver at the Treasurer's Office?
No, you must contact the Collector’s Office to get a property tax receipt or waiver. Collector Page
4. What is the sales tax rate in Butler County?
That depends on where you are shopping or doing business within Butler County.
According to records at the Missouri State Treasurer’s Office, there are several $1,000’s of unclaimed property being held by the state that actually belongs to citizens in Butler County. This unclaimed property could be anything from an insurance refund check that was lost to a rental damage deposit that was never returned. Visit the State Treasurer’s Unclaimed Property page to find out if you have any unclaimed property being held by the state.